The Greater Akron Chamber has developed tools, resources, and support that you can leverage in those efforts.
Whether you’re just starting out or you have been working in this space for a while, we can help advance your work. Utilizing an assessment tool, an action plan development tool, conversation cohorts, and a DEI resource tool, we have created accessible and specific tools for you and your organization.
And, no matter where you are in your DEI journey – from early exploration to fine-tuning specific processes—we can help!
Like in any other important business strategy, long-term success and sustainable progress require a plan and specific action steps.
We will help in three ways:
- Help Assess: We will help a company assess where they at are at in their journey, what the best first step in our process is for them and give guidance on what resources to leverage to get there.
- Provide Resources: Next, we will provide a wide range of resources for companies to leverage throughout the process: an assessment, an action plan builder, and a DEI resource library with links and videos on crucial topics to assist in education and implementation.
- Deliver Tailored Guidance: Lastly, we will provide the opportunity to get more tailored advice from other members that are also working in this arena and from the GAC’s own Opportunity and Inclusion team.
Equity and Inclusion Assessment
For most companies, we believe this assessment will be the recommended starting point for your work. Understanding how your efforts compare to others like you for board and leadership diversity, staff diversity, and procurement diversity, you can set goals and build a plan to move forward.
- This assessment is available to take year-round. It assesses your company practices in detail to help you understand where the DEI gaps are in your organization and gives you access to a best practices database that can help shape your work.
- This assessment is meant to be taken annually to measure your progress over time.
- The assessment is completely confidential. Your status and efforts will never be identified with your company outside of the specific report that only you will receive that marks your position vs. others in your industry or of similar size.
Deliver Tailored Guidance
Bi-Weekly Office Hours: Every two weeks, the Chamber inclusion staff will be available for one-on-one consultation. This time can be used to review your assessment results and talk about your next steps, to work on establishing metrics for your new action plan, or anything else inclusion related. This time is being set aside to ensure we are not only providing members with the right resources, but also with the right amount of guidance to be successful.